Higher Education Commission (HEC) aims to elevate the socio-economic position of the needy & deserving students by providing access to quality education through needs-based scholarships. Government of Pakistan (GOP) has also duly acknowledged the financial constraints barring students from acquiring higher education and has thus earmarked substantial funds for the improvement of education sector.
- Financial assistance & scholarships are available for study at undergraduate & graduate level in all disciplines at the selected public sector Pakistani universities and degree awarding institutions.
- Students should be enrolled in Undergraduate (4 Years) / Graduate (2 Years) programs.
- All those needy students who are already enrolled in the participating institutions are also eligible to apply.
- The eligibility of a candidate is linked to neediness of the candidate as determined & assessed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee keeping in view the financial background of the family of the applicant.
- The number of Graduate & Undergraduate slots will be decided by the universities but weightage will be given to Undergraduate slots.
- Funding for Graduate & Undergraduate slots will continue for full program and eventually the slots will be replaced by new students. In case of any drop out waiting list students will be replaced.
- Disciplines will be kept open. University will decide to include or exclude any discipline keeping in view its grant, program cost, and number of allocated slots etc.
- Considering the allocated grant, the university may adjust the total number of scholarships to some extent in order to cover the tuition fee as per actual.
- Attested Copies of computerized NIC of Father / Mother / Guardian
- Income Tax Certificate of Father / Mother / Guardian
- Salary Certificate of Father / Mother / Guardian
- Copies of last six (06) month utility bills of Electricity, Water, Gas & Telephone
- Attested copy of Rent Agreement (if applicable)
- Copies of last & latest fee receipts of self and siblings
- Copies of Medical bills/ expenditure related documents (if applicable)
- Copies of previous scholarship(s) attained (if applicable)
Comprehensive scholarship offered under this program provides funds for the following expenses:
Scholarship Selection Process
- Data and supporting documents of the potential candidate are reviewed by Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC).
- Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC) which includes members from the institution as well as external community is headed by the Vice Chancellor of the participating institution who would ensure the impartiality and transparency of the process.
- The ISAC recommends potential candidates to HEC Scholarship Management Committee (SMC).
- The cases are presented to Scholarship Management Committee (SMC) that approves the cases after thorough review.
- The committee includes top Executives of HEC, representatives from the participating institutions, eminent scholars.
- After finalization of awardees’ list, the scholarship fund for the selected students is transferred to participating institutions for onward disbursement to students.
How To Apply
HEC Needs Based Application Form is available in University Photostat shops or may be downloaded from the university website.
HEC Needs Based Scholarship Program (Application Form): Download
For More Details