The scheme envisages PhD level training of 2000 scholars to be selected on merit, in the technologically advanced countries of the world. Every year 500 scholarships were to be awarded in any discipline so as to complete the intake in 4 years, while return of last batch of scholars will take another next 5 years. This project has mainly two categories named 90% and 10% schoalrships and detail of these two categories is as follows:
Overseas Scholarships (90%Category):
Under this category, out of the total 2000 scholarships, 1800 scholarship (90%) are to be awarded in total and thus 450 scholarships were to be awarded every year for Master / MPhil leading to PhD program. Scholars are placed in those technologically advanced countries that have no/nominal/special tuition fee rates for which HEC and higher education agencies and universities in the host countries have signed MoUs. So for three batches has been advertised under the said category.
Overseas Scholarships (10%Category):
In this category, 50 scholarships were to be awarded every year (total 200 scholarships) for PhD program in “discipline-wise world top ranked 50 universities” of advanced countries i.e. UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Japan etc.
Pakistani /AJK nationals.
- Candidates must have minimum sixteen years of education (MSc, MA, MBA, ME, MS, B.E / BSc (Engg), M.B.B.S or equivalent).
- Maximum two second divisions throughout the academic career.
- Not less than 50% marks in academic career.
- 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the public sector R & D organizations.
- 35 years for all others.
- The candidates who are already availing any other HEC/Govt. scholarship offer are not eligible to apply.
- Attested Copies of computerized NIC of Father / Mother / Guardian
- Income Tax Certificate of Father / Mother / Guardian
- Salary Certificate of Father / Mother / Guardian
- Copies of last six (06) month utility bills of Electricity, Water, Gas & Telephone
- Attested copy of Rent Agreement (if applicable)
- Copies of last & latest fee receipts of self and siblings
- Copies of Medical bills/ expenditure related documents (if applicable)
- Copies of previous scholarship(s) attained (if applicable)
How To Apply
- The following documents are required to be submitted along with the prescribed application form.
- Attested photocopies of all educational testimonials.
- Attested photocopy of CNIC
- Statement of Purpose (One page)
- Research Proposal
- NOC from the employer for in-service candidates (only for Government employees).
- Attested Copy of GAT (General) score result card.
- Original deposit receipt
- All scholarships will be awarded on merit.
- Incomplete applications or those received after the closing date will not be entertained.
- Candidates must have 16 or18 years education (terminal degree) in relevant field.
- Candidates must not have less than 3 CGPA out of 4 in MS / MPhil degree (18 years education) otherwise application for direct PhD will not be entertained.
- Candidates having MS / MPhil degree (18 years education) with 3 or more CGPA will be preferred.
- Special GRE type test will NOT be arranged for these scholarships.
- Candidates are required to indicate the countries of choice in order of preference in the application form. HEC reserves the right to allocate any country to the candidate.
- Candidates will be given only one chance of interview against any country.
- Maximum four and half year funding is available for Masters leading to PhD program and three years funding is available for PhD program. However actual duration of study program and funding will be determined by HEC with the consultation of foreign universities/agencies.
- Awardees have to execute a bond with the HEC to serve in Pakistan for 5 years after completion of study, preferably in an institution of Higher Education.
For More Details